Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tech guy lan

Posted on 1:29 PM by Shujah Ur Rehman



I’ve been using my Dell Latitude c640 for over a year now, and so far I’ve been working great for me. It has a very standard set of hardware, which means that I can explore operating systems to my heart's content. It has a Pentium 4 CPU, ATI Radeon 7500 for graphics, and an Intel chipset. This means that I'm able to install Ubuntu, my main OS, without any extra configuration at all. My video card is old enough that the Open Source drivers from the X.Org foundation work just fine, and it's new enough that I'm able to enjoy all the eye candy that X has to offer and an occasional 3D game.I've also had some success installing Mac OS X Tiger on this machine, although getting Quartz Extreme to work was a bit of an adventure. The important part to note here however is that I DID get it to work; this is more than many people can say who have tried it. It's a pain to get compatible hardware on the desktop, let alone a laptop, so I'm extremely lucky.

No Response to "Tech guy lan"

Leave A Reply